2017-2018 Lake Cowichan School Local Scholarships
Scholarship Instructions and Tips
- Read through the criteria for each Scholarship List to see which scholarships or bursaries you qualify for: 2017/18 Scholarship Booklet
- Print off a Summary Sheet and keep track of the awards for which you will apply for.
- Download & fill out an Application Form and save it.
- Complete your scholarship application package in the following order:
- Summary Sheet with total number of bursaries/scholarships applied for.
- Application Form- customize for each scholarship by typing in the scholarship name and contacts
- Academic Resume – see example below
- Cover Letter (sometimes called an Autobiographical Essay) – see example below
- 2-3 reference letters
- Transcript (Get this from Mrs. Brooks)
- Hand in PAPER-CLIPPED package to the office by 4:00pm on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
- Once photocopies are completed, the office staff will contact you, if needed, to finalize application forms.
Sample Resume and Cover Letter:
Resume / Cover Letter
* Please see Mrs. Battye or Mrs. Brooks if you need some help. We want you to succeed and are here to help*
Good luck and we encourage you to apply for all you can!
Bursaries & Scholarships …what’s the difference?
Awards are any kind of non-repayable funding granted to students. The word is used interchangeably with bursary or scholarship.
Bursaries are non-repayable awards to students based on financial need and satisfactory academic standing, sometimes including additional criteria such as program of study or other requirements.
Scholarships are non-repayable awards to students based on merit or high academic achievement usually including additional criteria such as volunteer service, affiliation with a particular organization or other requirements.
Other Awards that are worth checking out!
Don’t forget to check your university of choice to see what type of awards they offer!