2019-2020 Lake Cowichan School Local Scholarships
Scholarship Instructions and Tips
- Below are the links to all scholarship/bursaries offered. If an award is not confirmed yet this year it will be followed by “Not yet confirmed”. This may be updated through the application timeline so please keep checking for updates.
- Read through the criteria for each scholarship and bursary to see which ones you qualify for: 2019/20 Scholarship Booklet
- Print off a Summary Sheet and keep track of the awards for which you will apply for: 2019/2020 Summary Sheet
- Download & fill out an General Application Form for EACH scholarship/bursary you are applying for and save it. Print and sign EACH when complete. General Application Form
- Make sure to look carefully at the list of awards below to see if they require special application forms. There will be a link listed if so and this is to be done in addition to general application form.
- Below are the links to all scholarship/bursaries offered. If there is no active link, it has not been confirmed to be offered this year.
6.Complete your scholarship application package in the following order:
- Summary Sheet with total number of bursaries/scholarships applied for
- Application Form- customize for each scholarship by typing in the scholarship name and contacts
- Cover Letter – see example below
- Academic Resume – see example below
- 2-3 reference letters (Academic, Employment & Community)
- Transcript (Get this from Mrs. Brooks)
- Hand in PAPER-CLIPPED packages (one for each scholarship/bursary applying for) to the office by 4:00pm on Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
- The office staff will contact you, if needed, to finalize application forms.
Sample Resume and Cover Letter:
Resume / Cover Letter
* Please see Mrs. Battye or Mrs. Brooks if you need some help. We want you to succeed and are here to help*
Good luck and we encourage you to apply for all you can!
Bursaries & Scholarships …what’s the difference?
Awards are any kind of non-repayable funding granted to students. The word is used interchangeably with bursary or scholarship.
Bursaries are non-repayable awards to students based on financial need and satisfactory academic standing, sometimes including additional criteria such as program of study or other requirements.
Scholarships are non-repayable awards to students based on merit or high academic achievement usually including additional criteria such as volunteer service, affiliation with a particular organization or other requirements.
Don’t forget to check your university of choice to see what type of awards they offer!